I may not have a 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. job in a stuffy office, but I love what I do.
I’ve always loved asking people questions and finding out what they’re really thinking. A lot can be hidden under a smile and even more can be uncovered through a song lyric. Volunteering as a writer for Vents Magazine http://www.ventsmagazine.com has been the highlight of my post graduation experience. Although the artist that I interview are relatively unknown, I feel as though we are old buddy’s once the interview is over and the answers are posted. I’ve always felt as if people in general like to talk to me. It must be my non-threatening smile. Maybe this is my talent, that something I’m incredibly good at. The sky is the limit when it comes to my career, but I may have just discovered my niche.
Everyday is new chance to learn something new, do something fun, and just live. So I’m going to start living….<3
“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”
Channing Tatum spent his teenage years in Tampa, so I’m breathing in the same air as the sexiest man alive (Awesome).
Today I was nervous. I first went on an interview with a company that contacted me last week saying they were interested in me, which was very surprising. Then I went to Zumba with my sister to get my workout on.
I felt like I did well selling myself for the position, but I have that “after test feeling”. The “after test feeling” or ATF for short is the feeling of achievement after taking a very hard test and later finding out that you didn’t do as well as you thought. I feel as though the interview went well, but I’ve felt that way after going on other interviews and later finding out that I did not get the job. I gave myself a mini pity party and now I’m thinking more positive and leaving this in God’s hands. I did my part, now it’s up to him on placing me where he wants me to be.
I have another interview scheduled next week that I’m really excited for. So wish me luck, pray, or do a happy dance as long as you send good juju my way.
I know it’s been awhile but a recent conversation has sparked my interest to blog once again. I am currently looking for a full-time CAREER and I realized I have a great platform to market myself. So today I decided to post my resume on my blog for browsing employers or for someone who knows about an opportunity in the marketing/advertising field. My interests include entertainment and publication marketing, but I am open to all possibilities.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration May 2012
University of South Florida
Writer June 2012-Present
- Interview various musical artists.
Marketing Assistant June 2011- June 2012
Alexa Model and Talent Management Inc.
- Coordinated marketing campaigns.
– weekly reports
- Arranged casting directors with actors or models for television/advertisements.
- Created designs for new merchandise.
- Managed social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Organized and calculate weekly expense reports.
- Updated database with new clients.
- Prepared invoices.
Project Coordinator January 2012- May 2012
Google Online Marketing Challenge
- Developed a marketing plan.
- Implemented a plan with Westchase Pilates and Yoga specifically design for their needs.
- Created several Google advertisements for the company.
- Problem-solved using Adwords and keyword tools.
- Generated new business for the company.
Marketing Associate March 2012
Business Case Competition
- Selected to compete among other students in a 24 hour competition.
- Devised a plan with the Tampa Bay Rays marketing team to produce strategies to generate superior attendance.
- Presented in a professional environment with a team.
Adverting Intern January 2008 – June 2008
Allied Integrated Marketing
- Planned and coordinated advance movie screenings for local press and media.
- Communicated with publicist through emails and memos.
- Prioritized projects and hit daily goals.
- Updated excel spreadsheets with new client information.
- Collaborated with companies such as 20th Century Fox and Universal on various projects.
- Correlated with other interns to complete projects.
Cashier October 2010 – April 2012
Einstein’s Bagel Brothers
- Provided exceptional customer service.
- Gained basic accounting skills.
- Worked well in a group environment.
- Fast pace environment with a lot of multi-tasking.
Sales Associate October 2011- January 2012
Macy’s September 2012- Present
- Awarded star associate.
- Hit sales goals.
- Provided great customer service.
- Google Adwords
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- USF Street Team Member